At eyebuddy®, we strive to makes our products and services fully accessible to everyone. Our website has been build to ensure this, making it compatible with the standards set by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
We welcome feedback on the usability and accessibility of our website. If you have had any issues whilst using our site, please contact us.
We include the following accessibility features on our site:
- Clear and logical navigation.
- Ability to skip to content, menu and other links to help access content quickly.
- Sizable text to make for comfortable reading.
- Adjust the contrast of our text to make for comfortable reading.
- An advanced search facility and sitemap to find content quickly.
- All images that provide information have appropriate alternative text such that the information is available to people who cannot see the images. Images that are provided for decoration are provided as either background images or have NULL (empty quote marks) alternative text.
Easy accessibility control bar
In the footer of each page we have created an easy mechanism to allow users to change the text size and contrast levels of the eyebuddy® website. Choosing one of these options will set a cookie for www.eyebuddy.co.uk to remember the chosen setting throughout the whole site.
- Changing text (found in the footer of the Site):
You can click the relevant sized icon to increase the font size across the website
Users can also adjust the font size in the following way:
- In Internet Explorer go to View > Text size and select the size they would prefer.
- In Safari go to View > Increase Font Size. You can also try changing the screen resolution. Mozilla & Firefox users can alter the size of the displayed text by using Control and the Plus/Minus keys to increase/decrease the font size.
- Changing Contrast (found in the footer of the Site):
Users can click one of the above icons (found in the footer of the Site) to change the contrast of the website between high contrast, black on white and full colour
Navigate our website using tab on your keyboard:
Windows: Press Tab and repeat until reaching desired link. Follow the link by pressing Enter.
Firefox: Press Tab and repeat until reaching desired link. Follow the link by pressing Enter.
Mac Safari: Press simultaneously Alt + Option + tab. Follow the link by pressing Enter.
Please note that links to external websites outside the eyebuddy® domain are opened in a new window. Links that open in a new window are indicated as such in the title information.
Our layout using Cascading Style Sheets
Styling and layout has been achieved using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). The site will still be usable if CSS is disabled. Disabling of CSS will result in a well structured single column page that will be styled according to the default settings of your browser.
We use Flash in some sections of the website, and Flash is not fully accessible. Where it is possible, we provide accessible versions of Flash content, but we cannot provide accessible Flash content until Flash itself is fully accessible.
Further information regarding Accessibility
The BBC also has a good resource for helping you to use the Web. 'My Web, My Way' outlines how you can change your computer settings to make the Web easier to use.